October 28, 2008

I LOVE Chex Mix

For some reason I only like to eat it in the fall/winter though. So last night I made my first batch. I usually go with the quick and easy microwave version so I can get to the eating part faster, but for some reason I decided to cook it low and slow in the oven. I also used the Chex Mix seasonings packet for the first time and let me tell you, its FABULOUS! All you have to do is melt the butter, then open up this little packet of seasonings, mix in your favorite ingredients and voila, you have Chex Mix. It takes all the measuring a teaspoon of this and a tablespoon of that out of the equation, so easy!!! I would highly suggest to all you fellow Chex Mix lovers out there to go out and buy a few of these mixes to have on hand so you can mix up a batch anytime. Here is what I usually use in my Chex Mix

4 Cups Rice Chex
4 Cups Corn Chex
1 Cup Cheerios (they soak up the flavor, yum)
1 Cup Goldfish
1 Cup cashews (or mixed nuts, whichever I have)

That is my favorite mixture of ingredients for Chex Mix, but as long as you have the same amount of ingredients you can mix it up however you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment