July 11, 2009

What a week!

This past week has been quite an eventful and busy one for me. It all started early Monday morning, I woke up and went to Sam's with my sister, Avery, to pick out the flowers for her wedding! Tuesday is a day I won't forget for a long time...While I was getting a mani/pedi with my mom and sisters in preparation for the wedding we also got to witness the hours long Michael Jackson memorial service. And what a memorial it was! I didn't actually watch the whole thing because I had a (long overdue) hair appointment that afternoon. I can proudly say that my hair is now all one shade of brown...at least for now...which is a nice change. Tuesday night we (my family: Parents and sisters and I) went out to dinner with my sister's fiance's family (him, his parents and sisters) and Matt Johns tagged along as well (since he was set to perform the wedding ceremony).
Wednesday was wedding day! The date was 07-08-09, what an easy day to remember! We started out the day with a nice lunch for all the girls at Inspirations Tea Room.

Then we were off to hair appointments

After that we headed down to the Skirvin hotel to finish getting ready and get Avery into her dress. The wedding was at the State Capitol building in the 2nd floor rotunda. Apparently the air conditioners had been broken in the building for 2 days so it was extra hot. We were expecting the normal heat from no air conditioning in the rotunda, but I'm thinking that the outage didn't help matters. The ceremony was short and sweet, then Avery and Kendall headed to NYC and Boston for their honeymoon. I can't believe my little sister is married! Congrats to the happy couple...

No comments:

Post a Comment